Bound By Lust: A Collection of BDSM-flavored Erotic Romance
Imagine finding a partner who is just as naughty, kinky and dark as you are, a lover who wanders the hardware store with you in search of new ‘toys’, a man who can wrangle both you and the dishes into submission, a woman who accompanies you to office parties and play parties. Think that heady combination of: sweet and sexy, dirty and romantic, love and leather.
For this collection, I’m interested in romantic, couples-focused erotica with a BDSM slant. The BDSM aspect of this is wide open — bondage, spanking, domination, submission, power-play, pain and pleasure, or whatever your dirty mind can think of. Bring on the rope and rough stuff, the dens and dungeons, the corsets and clamps and cuffs.
But don’t forget the romance! Feel free to use blossoming relationships, long-time loves, or reunited flames. Couples can be two, three or more, hetero, gay, lesbian or anywhere in between.
What I’d Love to See:
- Complicated, sexy, well-plotted stories with real characters and real couples.
- Hot, creative, unique and literary stories that explore BDSM within the context of a romantic relationship.
- Stories that stretch the boundaries of what defines both BDSM and romance, while staying within the genre confines of each (e.g. “happily ever after” or “happy for now” style endings).
- Any time period, setting, or sub-genre is fine — the book will be mostly contemporary, but I will gladly read stories with fantastical, sci-fi and steampunkery elements.
- Make me laugh, make me cry, make me wet. If you can do all three in one story, so much the better!
What I Don’t Want:
- Cardboard characters or scenarios.
- Unsafe or dangerous BDSM practices presented as though they are safe.
- Non-consensual acts, pedophilia, bestiality (shape-shifting fauns are fine, of course).
- Stories should be previously unpublished, between 500 and 5,000 words.
- Please submit Word documents (double spaced, 12-point Times New Roman) to BoundByLust@gmail.com with “Bound Submission: Story Title” in the subject line.
- Questions can be sent to the same address.
- Don’t forget all of your pertinent contact information.
- Payment is $50/story.
- Deadline is March 1, 2011.
About the Editor:
Shanna Germain is a writer, editor, teacher, geek, leximaven and wanderluster. Her award-winning short stories, poems, essays and articles have appeared in hundreds of publications, including Alison’s Wonderland, Best American Erotica, Best Bondage Erotica, Best Gay Romance, Best Lesbian Romance, Dirty Girls, Fairy Tale Lust, The Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica, the Mammoth Book of Threesomes and Moresomes, Pank, Salon, Storyglossia, With This Ring, I Thee Bed and more. She is a former editor for Nervy Girl Magazine, Clean Sheets, 42Opus and Poetry Northwest. Her first fantasy novel, “Between the Devil and the Deep,” is scheduled for publication in early 2011. Visit her silk-sheeted virtual boudoir at www.shannagermain.com.