- Each book in the Family series is freestanding but each one has a main character who is related to a main character in another book:
- Asher Penaz (Something in the Way He Needs) is Emilio Sanchez’s (Strong Enough) cousin (on Emilio’s father’s side).
- Adan Navarro (More Than Everything) is Emilio Sanchez’s (Strong Enough) cousin on his mother’s side. Adan and Scott make a cameo at the end of Strong Enough.
- Daniel Tover (Something in the Way He Needs) is friends with Charlie/Chase Rhodes (More Than Everything) and they each have a cameo in the other’s book.
- More Than Everything spans twenty years, so chronologically, it starts before the other books. But that book is written in three parts and the third part starts and ends at the same time as Something in the Way He Needs.
- Scott Boone (More Than Everything) went to college at UNLV, where Spencer Derdinger (Strong Enough) now works.
- A 10 to 12 minute shower uses approximately 10 gallons of hot water. So the 50 gallon tank Emilio Sanchez installed in Spencer Derdinger’s house in Strong Enough gives the guys almost an hour of playtime.
- In 1999 there were 107 geese attacks on people reported. That means Adan Navarro’s (More Than Everything) fear is well-founded.
- Daniel Tover from Something in the Way He Needs has held the following jobs: dancer, masseur, taekwondo instructor, jewelry maker, band member (song writer).
Something in the Way He Needs (Family #1)
by Cardeno C.
Police captain Asher Penaz’s staunch professionalism bleeds into his home life, down to his neatly pressed attire and spartan apartment. He enjoys being the man in charge, and leather bars satisfy his need for dominance—so his sudden and powerful attraction to the lighthearted, free-spirited Daniel Tover throws him for a loop. In his entire life, Daniel has never gotten what he needs, so he moves to the next place, the next job, the next attempt to find something worth staying for, always landing at the top of his game, but never feeling like he belongs.
The chemistry between Asher and Daniel sizzles, so Asher invites Daniel home. As both men struggle to learn themselves while getting to know each other, the lines of desire and control blur. With all that fire comes the risk of getting burned. But if Daniel and Asher can walk through the flames together, they might find what they desperately need
Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3599
Dreamspinner Paperback: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3600
Stong Enough (Family #2)
by Cardeno C.
When twenty-two-year-old Emilio Sanchez sees handsome Spencer Derdinger walking by his construction site, Emilio makes it his goal to seduce the shy professor. Getting Spencer into bed isn’t difficult, but Emilio soon learns that earning the trust of a man deeply hurt will take time and patience. With a prize like brilliant, sweet Spencer on the line, Emilio decides he is strong enough to face the challenge.
Spencer is surprised when he’s approached by the gorgeous construction worker he’s admired from the safety of his office window. Acting spontaneously for the first time in his thirty-eight years, Spencer takes Emilio home. When the casual hookup turns into the potential for love, Spencer realizes that if he wants to build a life with Emilio, he’ll need to be strong enough to slay his personal demons and learn to trust again
Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4118
Dreamspinner Paperback: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4149&cPath=776
More Than Everything (Family #3)
by Cardeno C.
As a teenager, Charlie “Chase” Rhodes meets Scott Boone and falls head over heels in love with the popular, athletic boy next door. Charlie thinks he’s living the dream when Scott says he feels the same way. But his dreams are dashed when Scott moves unexpectedly and doesn’t return.
Years later, Chase meets brash and confident Adan Navarro, who claims all he wants is a round between the sheets. When they’re still together after eight months, Chase is convinced Adan returns his love. But then the time comes to be open about their relationship, and Adan walks away instead.
Time heals all wounds, but when Charlie runs into Scott and Adan and realizes the only two men he’s ever loved are now in love with each other, his heart breaks all over again. Scott and Adan tell Charlie they want him back, but Charlie doesn’t know if he can trust two people who have hurt him so deeply. And even if he can, why would Scott and Adan want Charlie when they already have everything with each other?
Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4342
Dreamspinner Paperback: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4343
AUTHOR BIO & LINKS
Cardeno C. – CC to friends – is a hopeless romantic who wants to add a lot of happiness and a few “awwws” into a reader’s day. Writing is a nice break from real life as a corporate type and volunteer work with gay rights organizations. Cardeno’s stories range from sweet to intense, contemporary to paranormal, long to short, but they always include strong relationships and walks into the happily-ever-after sunset.
Cardeno’s Home, Family, and Mates series have received awards from Love Romances and More Golden Roses, Rainbow Awards, the Goodreads M/Romance Group, and various reviewers. But even more special to CC are heartfelt reactions from readers, like, “You bring joy and love and make it part of the every day.”