Thank you Erotica For All for hosting me today. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be here and promote my novella series, Taking Advantage. It’s a compilation of three novellas (Board Stiff, Board Approved and Board Indiscretion) that tell the stories of three men that sit on the board of directors of Advantage Insurance Company. Though they seem to have it all, they can’t seem to figure out their love lives. In walks three amazing women that turn their worlds upside down. Isn’t that how it always happens?
Sometimes I struggle with coming up with a good guest blog—I wrack my brain trying to find something clever to write about that ties in the story or stories I’m trying to promote. However, this set of stories lends itself to a great topic—best places to have sex! What?! Yes, you read me correctly. I’m going to point out my top five places to have sex (some of these I may have hit—others I have not, but they still rank as possibilities)! It has been proven that taking your sex life outside of your bedroom can bring you closer to your partner and perhaps even allow you to feel more empowered sexually. 🙂 However, do keep in mind—you don’t want to get caught. Getting arrested for indecency would certainly damper the moment! 🙂
- At the office—Did I just say that? Yes, I did. In this scenario, clearly you have to be careful. But what is hotter than surprising your loved one at their place of work and taking advantage of their desk as a prop? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing.
- At an event/public place—This doesn’t mean have sex out where everyone can see you. You don’t want to get arrested. But there is something tremendously erotic about the potential of being caught. That’s what makes this thrilling. In a closet at a wedding reception. Against the wall behind a club. In Board Indiscretion, Mark and Suzannah have sex in the restroom of a beach bar. It’s risky—yes!—but it’s also spicy.
- In the car—What is it about a vehicle that revs us all up? Back seat. Front seat. Hood. Bed of a truck. A vehicle offers an immense amount of opportunities and a variety of ways of getting leverage (Oh, you thought the steering wheel was just for steering the car, did you?). In Board Approved, Tessa and Greg have an interesting tryst in Greg’s car on their ride back to Greg’s place.
- On an airplane—Sadly, I can’t admit to this one…yet! This has been a fantasy of mine, but I haven’t been able to muster the audacity to actually pull off joining the mile high club. I guess I don’t want to be arrested by an Air Marshall, but it still ranks as one of the most intriguing locations to do it.
- In an elevator—Climbing into an empty elevator after the two of you have been flirting relentlessly has its advantages. Close space. Privacy—if you’re in a less busy building and perhaps pull the STOP button. We’ve all seen or read about those scenes where one person pushes the other against the wall and they erupt in passion. It’s hot! John and Elizabeth in Board Stiff start their romantic encounter in an elevator.
“Are you seeing anyone? Sleeping with anyone?” he asked further.
“What?” she said, standing up from her chair. Her face was incapable of hiding her shock at his questions. Her green eyes were wide. Her lips parted. “What sort of questions are these?” John’s stride made short use of the distance between them. He stood directly in front of her, cornering her behind her desk. He looked down into her green eyes. They were gorgeous… she was gorgeous. And he had every intention of claiming her.
“Answer my questions, Elizabeth. Are you seeing anyone?” He watched as her eyes widened even further with shock at his determination to get answers to his questions. Nervousness flittered across her face, but her breath came out in short pants as if his close proximity affected her. He watched as her chest rose and fell with each breath. God, he wanted to feel her body against his. He just knew she would feel perfect against him… in his arms.
“Your questions are inappropriate,” she replied sharply. Despite her body giving her attraction away, she held firm. He liked that. He liked a woman that wasn’t too easy of a catch.
“I agree,” he said, impatiently. “They are inappropriate. I need the answers nonetheless.”
“Why?” she asked. Her gaze scanned his face as if looking for the answer to her question.
“Answer me,” he demanded. His hand reached out and caressed her cheek as if to soothe the harshness of his words.
“You are way out of line, Mr. Dorsey,” Elizabeth said.
“Yes, I know,” he said a little softer this time. His fingers tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. His gaze dropped to her bared neck. He had to fight the urge to nuzzle the spot just below her ear. “But I need to know if there are any obstacles to making you mine. Are you seeing anyone?”
“No,” she whispered. “I’m not seeing anyone.” Her lips parted for a moment before she bit down on her lower lip. That was almost his undoing.
“Are you fucking anyone?” he asked. She released her bottom lip and sucked in a breath when he asked that question. Her gaze fell from his eyes to his lips and then to her hands. He placed his fingers under her chin and tilted her head up to meet his gaze again. He wanted to see her eyes when she answered him. There was heat in her gaze, and that thrilled him.
“No, Mr. Dorsey, I’m not fucking anyone at the moment,” she said. Her voice was hard, but he heard the desire in it and that snapped his restraint. His hand weaved into her hair until his palm gripped the back of her head, pulling her into him. His mouth slammed down on hers. Her full lips were soft and pliable, and his tongue flicked out over her lips to taste her. She tasted so sweet…like candy.
John Dorsey’s life is good. He is the owner of Dorsey Construction. He’s the youngest person on the board of directors for Advantage Insurance Company. He lives on the beach. And he knows he can have any woman he wants. John’s got the world at his fingertips… except he’s yet to find a woman that stimulates both his body and mind.
Elizabeth Wright worked hard in a large Tampa law firm making a name for herself, but it came at the expense of her personal life. When Advantage Insurance Company offers her a job as corporate counsel, Elizabeth cannot turn it down. The thought that she can have a successful legal career and a life excites and intimidates her.
But when their worlds collide one day in the Advantage board room, neither Elizabeth nor John knows what’s hit them. All they know is they can’t stay away from each other.
About the Author:
Jessica is a born and raised small town Ohio girl, who moved to the Sunshine State after graduating from college. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English because she could not imagine doing anything else but reading and writing.
In the journey of life, she obtained her law degree (and bar license) and also became a wife and a mother of three children. So, life is always an adventure.
She loves to read and write… obviously! She’s a huge sports fan, especially college football and The Ohio State Buckeyes! Go Steelers! Go Rays! Go Lightning! She LOVES to travel… LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to travel. She loves to drink coffee in the morning and tea at night! She loves a good glass of wine, especially if it comes from a bottle made by the FOOLS wine club… yep, she’s a founding member of that crazy group! She loves hanging out with her family and friends! Music makes her happy. She’s a mix between country girl and city chic. She’s a sucker for a cowboy hat!
Favorite quote: “If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.”