Here’s an author interview from Ava Riley.
Find out what she had to say…
- How did you start writing erotica?
I’ve always loved writing, but it wasn’t until I started reading paranormal that I realized that I also could write erotica/paranormal.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
Well, right now I only have one published work out, so I would say that one ~ A Lifetime to Find Love.
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
Melissa Ecker is one of them, but some of my favorite paranormal authors are Lara Adrian, Lynsay Sands, and Kresley Cole
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Honestly, from those around me in every day situation. I’ve been known to sit and watch people and listen to their conversations.
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
I definitely have to have my hair in a ponytail, a cup of coffee (no matter the time of day) and I usually do my best writing late at night.
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
At my desk in my office or my bed.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
So far, Tessa is my favorite. She is a strong, beautiful, powerful woman who doesn’t take crap from anyone.
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
They do and they are all very supportive. I was nervous to let my Dad & his wife know, but they have been incredibly encouraging and supportive (they even bought a copy of A Lifetime to Find Love).
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
I wanted to be a famous actress
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I make a cup of coffee and sit down and clear my mind of everything from the day.
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
To write at least a little every day.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
I usually put music on and try to get myself back in the frame of mind. If that doesn’t work, I have to walk away for a bit.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Rowan (who is in the follow up novel to A Lifetime to Find Love, Sacred Surrender). Because he is damn hot!
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
Lara Adrian, which I will be at Authors After Dark in Philly in August. I love all of her work and she has always been very responsive on Twitter.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
Paranormal…something about vampires and shapeshifters just gets my body hot!
- What are you working on at the moment?
Right now I am working on edits for the release of Sacred Surrender. Along with that I have 3 more novels that I am in the process of working on. One is a paranormal.
- What’s the biggest writing challenge you’ve ever taken on?
A Lifetime to Find Love has been my biggest challenge so far.
- Did you succeed?
It’s been published (which is a big success) and it is doing well so far.
- What’s your biggest writing achievement?
A Lifetime to Find Love
It’s my first attempt at writing a novel and was accepted on my first submission to Lazy Day Publishing, so I’m very pleased with it.