Here’s an author interview from [intlink id=”470″ type=”post”]Casey Sheridan[/intlink]. Take it away Casey…
- How did you start writing erotica?
A friend of mine dared me to write it. That first story was really, really bad. I have it hidden away so it doesn’t insult anyone. That’s how bad it is.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
Published as in a book? Then I have to say my novella, Scarlett’s Wolf, because that’s the only thing I have published at the moment. Otherwise, I have short stories published on websites and my favorite one of those would be I like to Watch.
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
My favorites are Saskia Walker and Lisa Fox
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
That’s a hard one to answer. I think it all depends on what I’m working on.
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
I must have the television on in the background. The volume is very soft, of course. An ice cold bottle of water, and my dictionary along with any notes.
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
At home, right smack dab in the middle of the living room.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
Alaina from Ruby Red Metallic (still unpublished), because she does what she loves. She doesn’t care what anyone else thinks even if it puts her in a less then stellar light.
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
My family doesn’t know what I do. My partner knows and he is very encouraging. We actually met because of my writing.
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
When I was a kid there were two things I wanted to do when I grew up. I wanted to be a stay at home housewife or to have a job where I got to dress nice and carry a briefcase.
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I play a game of solitaire.
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Just do it.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
I stop and take a break. Just walk away for a bit and go do something else.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Devyn Sullivan aka The Black Spider from my blog series Sirus Bandai: The Invisible Bandit. Why? Because he’s sexy, sweet, and a superhero.
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
Lisa Fox or Shelli Stevens because I think either one would be a lot of fun to get into trouble with.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
- What are you working on at the moment?
Besides my blog series, I am working on an erotic, science fiction, alternate universe type of thing with female warriors.
- What’s your biggest writing achievement?
Because it’s not as easy as people think.