Here’s an author interview with Gemma Parkes.
Find out what she had to say….
- How did you start writing erotica?
I had written lots of erotica in the past, but shyly kept it to myself! I suppose l got braver!
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
It’s a toss up between ‘Dirty Little pictures’ and ‘The slipper for Rose’ I like the story of ‘Dirty’ but ‘Slipper’ is a genuine fantasy I’ve had and enjoyed for many years!
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
I like a variety of authors, Lucy Felthouse, Alison Tyler, Justine Elyot. I also enjoyed catching some of Brit M’s work and found it beautiful.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
All of the above and a deep sense of sexuality. My head is full of erotic ideas and beautiful fantasies. Getting them down on paper is a dream come true for me.
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
I have a wonderful partner who supports and encourages me. I read my stories to him and respect his opinion. The rest of the family don’t know my pseudonym!
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
I always wanted to write, but probably not in this particular genre!
- What’s your biggest writing achievement? Why?
Probably the very first story l decided to sell on Kindle ‘Don’t move’ it was a big step for me and l didn’t know how it would be received.
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I’m always in the mood to write, it just flies out of my head! Maybe l should get neutered!
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Just to keep writing and writing. Write from the heart, be true to what you enjoy.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
I have usually thought an idea through before l attempt to write it down. I find it harder to write if I’ve been given a topic e.g. A submission request with a title. If l go off track l take a break until l can focus better. Otherwise l won’t be happy with the end result.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
I like male dominance but not extreme pain. I like women to be overcome with passion the way we so often are in real life. I also like toys, threesomes, girl on girl and down and dirty sex. Unusual settings (Like Good doggy) and realistic emotions. I like to be taken, so l like my characters to be taken too. Will book in to the vets some time soon!
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
I would love to meet Lucy Felthouse. She is inspirational because she is so busy! Outside of Erotica l would love to meet Philippa Gregory, she has a wonderful knowledge of her writing subjects.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
This is really difficult. I do like Melissa from ‘Dirty Little pictures’ she’s cool and doesn’t run away from Jack when presented with his strange hobby! Also, like me, she’s into Art!
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Well, it would have to be David from ‘Don’t move’ just for an hour or two! Although my real life partner would take some beating (no pun intended!)
- What are you working on at the moment?
I’ve just finished ‘The slipper for Rose’ and am concentrating on anthology work. I’m hoping someone will like my stories enough to want to print them alongside their own. To me that would be the ultimate compliment.