Here’s an interview from Lynne Silver.
Find out what she had to say…
- How did you start writing erotica?
By accident! I was writing a single title romantic suspense with sci-fi elements. It was hard. So, so hard. One evening after slogging through another day of writing, I decided to write something fun. And “Rapture” was born.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
I am in love with my current work-in-progress. (not published yet, but it will be) It’s Elizabeth’s story, the sister from Mistress in the Making. Elizabeth is a Great Beauty who acts like a Great Brat, and it was so fun getting in her head and redeeming her. Plus I got to give her the spanking she deserved!
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
Too many to name, but a few are Lauren Danes, Megan Hart, Anne Calhoun, Lorelei James, Kate Pearce, Shannon McKenna
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
I don’t know if it’s unusual, but my brain functions much better after a quick game of Spider Solitaire (2 suites)
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
My little corner desk wedged into the guest room.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
See above regarding Elizabeth. I also adore Bellamy from Mistress in the Making. If it had been a longer story, I would’ve given him some love scenes.
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
Writer, but I didn’t think it was realistic, so I said I wanted to be a teacher like my mother. I have a masters degree in elementary education and taught for a year.
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Write the damn book. You can’t edit a blank page.
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
Thanks to RWA, I’ve met a ton of my favorite romance authors. Megan Hart is super nice. Kristan Higgins is every bit as fun and sassy as the heroines in her books, and Lori Wilde is incredibly thoughtful and smart about the industry. Have I namedropped enough? But seriously, I have yet to meet a romance author who isn’t friendly and helpful. In non-romance, I want to meet the writers of the John Stewart show and Big Bang Theory.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
Sci-Fi because the possibilities are endless. I have a thing for android sex.
- What are you working on at the moment?
As mentioned earlier, I am working on Elizabeth’s story from “Mistress in the Making.”
- What’s the biggest writing challenge you’ve ever taken on? Did you succeed?
That Romantic Suspense Sci-fi I mentioned earlier? Well, it’s still in draft Eleventybillion and shows no signs of ever being publishable.