Here’s an author interview from [intlink id=”1409″ type=”post”]Nichelle Gregory[/intlink].
Find out what she had to say…
- How did you start writing erotica?
I began writing romance stories in high school and it wasn’t until college that I started crafting hotter love scenes like the ones I was drawn to reading.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
That’s a hard question. I love them all for different reasons, but I’d have to say Rapunzel’s Release. The characters and the story were a part of me for so long it was hard to say goodbye to them when I finally wrote, “The End.”
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
I’m a voracious reader and I’m always trying to sneak in a little time for reading. I enjoy reading Kresley Cole, Portia Da Costa, Kimberly Kaye Terry, Kayla Perrin, Lora Leigh, Nancy Madore…and many, many more!
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Music, people, food…literally everywhere!
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
My muse enjoys working late at night…thank goodness I’m a night owl!
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
In the bed.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
Vander from As You Wish. He’s tall, dark and sexy. Plus, he can grant any three wishes you desire!
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
A few do that I know will be supportive and they have been. They weren’t too surprised I decided to write down the stories in my head. Those closest to me have teased me for always having my nose stuck in one of “those books.” I think they saw this as a natural progression.
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
Unless I’m tired, I’m always in the mood to write. I look forward to the end of the day when I can settle down with my laptop and have at it.
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Know your characters inside and out.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
Reading always gets me out of creative rut.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Umm…Vander. lol Seriously, I have a thing for sexy bald guys with magical powers.
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
Wow. I’m really not sure. Maybe Stephen King or Dean Koontz, I love their work and the worlds they create on the written page.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
Paranormal because there are no creative limitations.
- What are you working on at the moment?
The second book in my Djinn Brotherhood series.
- What’s the biggest writing challenge you’ve ever taken on? Did you succeed?
Finishing, polishing and submitting a manuscript. I succeeded in becoming a published author!
- What’s your biggest writing achievement? Why?
I don’t think I’ve reached it yet, but I plan to!