Here’s an author interview from Sarah Mäkelä.
Take it away, Sarah…
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
I enjoy reading Cynthia Sax, Lynn Lorenz, and April Angel.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from all over, but my main source tends to be music. When I’m listening to it, sometimes something in the song clicks with the current story I’m writing, and other times, the song sparks a story idea.
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
I don’t have unusual writing rituals per se, but I do almost always have to have music on, and I prefer to write when the house is quiet so I don’t have any external distractions. The internet is hard enough to fight!
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
I do almost all of my writing in my office. Sometimes I’ll take it to the living room or kitchen table, but that’s when I’m resorting to pen and paper.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
When I get writer’s block, I’ve found that writing with pen and paper helps me to keep pressing on. It makes me think differently than if I’m sitting at my computer and writing in Word.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
If I could bring any of my characters to life, it’d have to be Connor O’Reilly, the hero from Skin Deep. He’s a strong, sizzling hot werewolf, and he can be very committed when he wants something. I would definitely want to him around. *grins*
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
I’d love to meet Laurell K. Hamilton. I fell in love with her books. She’s definitely one of my influences.
- What are you working on at the moment?
I’m currently working on the sequel to Skin Deep as well as the sequel to Captivated, an erotic fantasy romance that comes out on December 17th.