Here’s an author interview from Tony Cane-Honeysett.
Take it away, Tony…
- How did you start writing erotica?
By chance. I had a story I wanted to tell and by its very nature of being about female domination it automatically fell into the erotic genre.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
Fem Dom. It’s my first erotic novel.
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
I don’t read erotica. In fact, I write so much I barely have time to read any fiction these days.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
From what I’ve witnessed and what I’ve experienced. Though I want to make it crystal clear that I have never experienced being shackled and whipped. Not consensually, anyway.
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
Yes. I am very specific about what font I use. It has to be Garamond. I know it’s a rather dated typeface but I really like it. Mind you, I used to like Times Roman and before that Palatino. So I’m picky but fickle. Fonts should not trust be because I’ll drop them like a hot potato when I grow weary of their curves.
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
On the large, comfy brown leather sofa in my den.
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
I love them all, even the ones that are nasty pieces of work. I enjoy using their voices to vent.
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
My wife is very supportive. I was filming erotica before ever writing it. I’ve shot several ‘boudoir’ videos and my wife was on the crew!
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
Be a professional soccer player.
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I don’t have to as it’s force of habit.
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Write how you speak.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
Never had it in well over twenty years of writing.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Tara Drew. She is one seriously sexy woman and likes to wear lots of leather. And that smile….ooo…that smile.
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
Selena Kitt. She’s extremely successful in her genre and prolific. Plus, she’s done it raising four kids! Major kudos there.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
BDSM. I made a documentary in 2008 called Mondo Bondo all about the kinky world of bondage and why so many people loved being tied up for erotic pleasure. Obviously, I knew about that lifestyle but seeing it so up close and personal was fascinating. I interviewed dominatrices, pain freaks, sexologists, porn stars, you name it. It opened my eyes. I realized that everyone has a kink. You either express it, or repress it.
- What are you working on at the moment?
Regression is my next novel. It’s violently sexual. Some of it is horrible to write so I take a break after writing highly charged parts and go play with the cat to lighten up.
- What’s the biggest writing challenge you’ve ever taken on?
I was asked to write a script for a two-hour beauty pageant being broadcast live on a major TV network.
- Did you succeed?
The network thought so but not according to me as the famous host of the show red-lined all my funny zingers for rather flat prose. It was one big yawn.
- What’s your biggest writing achievement?
Finishing Fem Dom and getting it out into the world. Why? It took three years of stopping and starting and re-writing. I nearly tossed the whole damn thing at one point but I soldiered on. Glad I did.
About the Author:
Tony Cane-Honeysett is an Emmy Award winning writer and filmmaker. His documentary work includes The Royal Academy and Mondo Bondo. A graduate of Ealing College of Art & Design in England, Tony was the recipient of the Individual Artist Fellowship awarded by The Tennessee Arts Commission in 2006. He has worked professionally as a copywriter in advertising for over 20 years in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Nashville and Minneapolis. Tony was born in London, England.
His latest book is the fiction erotica, Fem Dom.
Pick up your copy of Tony Cane-Honeysett’s Fem Dom at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fem-Dom-Tony-Cane-Honeysett/dp/098584762X/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1345642496&sr=8-9&keywords=fem+dom.
About the Book:
When faithful wife Tara Drew suspects her advertising executive husband is seeing a Dominatrix, she sets out to trap him in the act. She pays the Dominatrix to teach her how to please men by dominating them and inflicting pain. But her plan to snare her husband has very bizarre consequences. Way out of her comfort zone as an undercover Fem Dom, Tara discovers a kinky world that both intrigues and disgusts her. But now she is the one with a secret life that she doesn’t want her husband to find out about. A sexually fueled, fast-paced story about women who want to control men.