Here’s an author interview with The Vixen. Take it away…
- How did you start writing erotica?
I started writing erotica for a while during my first writing job for a lingerie trade journal. I didn’t show off my fiction works because I was very shy and nervous about letting anyone read it. After about a year, I finally started publishing small short stories.
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
One of my favorites that got me into the genre was Zane and I love the Beauty series by Anne Rice.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I draw inspiration from different things from my relationship or other details I’ve seen in my life or wish that I would do. I like to pull inspiration from all type of things.
- Do you have any unusual writing rituals?
I like to write in the nude lol. Just a glass of wine, nice music, light my candle and I’ll just start writing.
- Where’s your favourite place to write?
I have a balcony in my house in New York that looks over the skyline and I’ll go out there and just write all day.
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
It was different at first when I told people I’m an erotica author and pleasure toy boutique. It was hard for people to understand and I got a lot of nasty comments at first from friends and family but now everyone knows what I do. I found a career I enjoy and that’s all that matters. My support people has my back and that’s all I care about.
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
I just wanted to create and make stories. I wanted to be a marine biologist because I loved dolphins and sea life.
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
I have a smooth sex playlist on my iTunes that always gets me into the mood. It gives me great inspiration.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
I enjoy fantasy but as far as writing I would like to get into more thrillers and dramas because of the complexity of the stories and how they keep you on your seat. You turn the page waiting to know what happens and I want to give my readers the same feeling.
- What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on a tragic romance based on the tale of Sleeping Beauty and I have a new miniseries coming out next month called Agent V.