Here’s an author interview from Sorcha Mowbray. Take it away, Sorcha!
- How did you start writing erotica?
I started writing romance, then spicy romance, then erotic romance…why not erotica too?
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
That’s a toss up between Love Revealed (my first book) and Mergers & Acquisitions. I love them both for different reasons. Love Revealed was my first and has lots of Dom/sub flavor oh wait…so doe Mergers & Acquisitions. Guess the reasons aren’t so different even if the genre’s are. 🙂
- What erotic authors do you enjoy reading?
Well, I love Kate Pearce, Cherise Sinclair, and Maya Banks.
- Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Real life, my imagination, other books I’ve read and thought…what if?
- Do your nearest and dearest know what you do, and if so, what was their reaction when they found out?
Oh, hell yes! I wouldn’t keep my mouth shut even if I had to. But, honestly I’ve told them all the pen name and said I write light BDSM and erotic romance ranging into erotica. You’re an adult you can decide if you want to read that for yourself, but don’t come to me if you do and your opinion of me changes or you are offended. Not my problem.
- What was your ideal career when you were a child?
Ballerina. I even attended my first year or so of college on a dance scholarship. I was really serious about dancing until I got hurt.
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
Most of the time I have to try and shut the damn brain off. That’s way harder to do than getting in the mood. LOL!
- What’s the best writing tip you’ve ever been given?
Butt in seat fingers on keys.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
Heath or Dalton. My God those men light my fire!
- Which author, erotic or otherwise would you love to meet and why?
You know what? I’ve met so many amazing writer thanks to my Local Lady Jane’s Salon that sure there are plenty of author’s I’d like to meet, but I’ve already met so many who are so awesome! Cassi Carver, Melissa Cutler, HelenKay Dimon, Tessa Dare, Kate Noble, and Jill Stone.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
I love me some BDSM. I tend more toward domination and submission with some bondage and a little pain, but nothing really far out of the spectrum. As a strong woman it takes a strong man to balance me personally, so the notion of BDSM and the power dynamics really appeal.
- What are you working on at the moment?
A contemporary western featuring a female bull rider. I can’t wait to finish this one! I also have a post-apocalypse M/M/M/F story I am working on when I have time.
- What’s your biggest writing achievement? Why?
Getting published. Hands down, there is nothing as validating of your efforts as someone else looking at your work and saying, yes. Also, I learned SO MUCH going through the editing process! It has truly made me a better writer.